Thursday 21 April 2011

La jardin

We are loving the garden, lots of work, but the weather has been wonderful. We have work to do inside and keep waiting for a wet day, but it hasn't happened yet.
We visited a flower show in the gardens of a chateau in Josselin last Saturday and I got some ideas for our garden, besides plants and flowers,so I made use of some stuff just lying around the garden and house i.e. an old apple press (for cider making) part of an old farm implement, an old chair and some palletts.Always looking for ways to do things inexpensively I mixed some of the paint for the outside of the house with some of the front door paint for the pale blue I wanted.You'll see the results  below (or above,I seem to have no control over where they appear!!)
John is a great DIYer hence the many flower boxes, fences, bird boxes etc.
Well after an hour catching up with 'stuff' the garden is calling, I must go,I shall be back......

2 comments:

  1. I love it Mum, it's all so gorgeous...I can't wait to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear how you are doing over there in France, and it will be nice to get more updates:)

    ReplyDelete